Art All Around!
Art surrounds us- on flags, in public murals, and especially in nature’s designs! This week we’ll discover really amazing projects by street and environmental artists and use our inspiration to imagine our own creations. We’ll make paintings, sculptures and art installations inside and out, making public art for other campers and visitors to discover!**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, July 2- 6 (no camp July 4) 9:30am to 3:30pm, Montessori School of the Berkshires, Lenox Dale
- Summer Camp (Ages 8-10)
Stephanie VanBramer, Lorimer Burns
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jul 2 2018
Campers at this age love to broaden their use of materials, sustain projects over multiple days, and work creatively together. We encourage this age to view challenges as opportunities and “mistakes” as open doors, and to develop ideas and projects from their mix of rational and imaginative energy. More critical reflection is encouraged, while play still remains essential!
What does the week look like?
- Each camp has one lead artist-teacher and one assistant, as well as one visiting artist- usually in clay- on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
- The day is split into morning and afternoon exploration units. Outside discovery is included throughout the day
- Break for lunch and outdoor free play is between 12-1
- The week concludes with an art show with family and friends