ABCs of Printmaking
Come find out about all the ways you can make prints: screen printing on tshirts and fabric, monoprints with foil and plexiglass, relief printing, collagraphs made with pipe cleaners, bubble wrap, corrugated cardboard- and more! Our adventures will include experiments with printing found objects and a group mural as we explore our ideas through printmaking!**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, July 16-20 9:30am to 3:30pm, Montessori School of the Berkshires, Lenox Dale
- Summer Camp (Ages 8-10)
Kim Waterman, Lorimer Burns
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jul 16 2018
Campers at this age love to broaden their use of materials, sustain projects over multiple days, and work creatively together. We encourage this age to view challenges as opportunities and “mistakes” as open doors, and to develop ideas and projects from their mix of rational and imaginative energy. More critical reflection is encouraged, while play still remains essential!
What does the week look like?
- Each camp has one lead artist-teacher and one assistant, as well as one visiting artist- usually in clay- on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
- The day is split into morning and afternoon exploration units. Outside discovery is included throughout the day
- Break for lunch and outdoor free play is between 12-1
- The week concludes with an art show with family and friends