Our clothing is made of spun, knitted or sewn fibers. Let's take a whirlwind tour of the wide world of fiber! We will discover where and how our clothing materials are made, all the while weaving and sewing different materials, making textile prints, yarn paintings, and even adding fiber texture to a ceramic creation. **Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, July 30-August 3 9:30am to 3:30pm, Montessori School of the Berkshires, Lenox Dale
- Summer Camp (Ages 6-7)
Laura Evonne Steinman, Ben Evans
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jul 30 2018
Camps for 6 and 7 year olds introduce projects, methods and themes in a larger real-world context and take advantage of increased fine-motor skills. We celebrate more intentional marks and the ability to write while encouraging lively imaginations! Collaborations, more multi-step projects, and of course lots of outdoor experiences are highlights of the week.
- Campers work collaboratively and individually with the guidance of a lead artist and assistant. A visiting artist creates in clay with the campers on Tuesday afternoon
- We start with a morning meeting and then get busy with hands-on exploration, incorporating stories, outside discovery and playtime throughout the day
- Break for lunch and outdoor play between 12-1
- The week concludes with an art show with family and friends