The Power of the Flower
Flowers are huge inspirations for art making. Sparked by Van Gogh and O'Keefe, vintage botanical works of art and our own imaginations, we will explore painting, printing, collage, and papermaking with plants and flowers as both our medium and our subject. We'll hand sew flower collage bags and make simple batik pillows. The work of Andy Goldsworthy and Rebecca Louise Law will jump start our ideas for indoor and outdoor flower installations. Feel the power!**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, July 30- August 3 9:30am to 3:30pm, Citizens' Hall, Stockbridge
- Summer Camp (Ages 11-14)
Kim Waterman, Ben Evans
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jul 30 2018
Campers at this age bring a growing independence and ability to handle more complex ideas and art processes, as well strong awareness of real-world issues. We introduce campers directly to the creative practice of working artists and give them the tools to lead their own discovery. Projects are often sustained throughout the week and campers and encouraged to explore on their own as well as in collaborative partnerships.
What does the week look like?
- A lead artist-teacher and assistant guide the activities throughout the day.
- A visiting artist comes in to offer a different outlook and media for 2 afternoons, Mondays and Wednesdays (unless noted).
- Break for lunch and outdoor free time is between 12-1
- The week ends with an art show with family and friends.