The Art of the Selfie
We all take selfies, especially to share on social media. This week let’s dig into the world of portraits and develop our unique style as we document our lives and our emotions. We will discuss differences between portraits and self-portraits, look at artists creating both, and get busy learning about how lighting, settings, and composition affect the message of our images. We will shoot a lot together, on smartphones or other cameras, as we create a selfie series, play with 3D portrait collages, and pair some of our writing with imagery.**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, July 23-27 9:30am to 3:30pm, Citizens' Hall, Stockbridge
- Summer Camp (Ages 11-14)
Augusta Rose, Liz Daly Fougere
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jul 23 2018
Campers at this age bring a growing independence and ability to handle more complex ideas and art processes, as well strong awareness of real-world issues. We introduce campers directly to the creative practice of working artists and give them the tools to lead their own discovery. Projects are often sustained throughout the week and campers and encouraged to explore on their own as well as in collaborative partnerships.
What does the week look like?
- A lead artist-teacher and assistant guide the activities throughout the day.
- A visiting artist comes in to offer a different outlook and media for 2 afternoons, Mondays and Wednesdays (unless noted).
- Break for lunch and outdoor free time is between 12-1
- The week ends with an art show with family and friends.