Getting Into the Groove
Let's start off the summer with some serious mark-making! We will experiment with multiple approaches to drawing and painting, using varied materials which capture our observations in uniquely different ways. We'll get rid of assumptions about 2D art making through visual exercises that get us to play with charcoal, pastel, and paint, and get a 3D perspective through working with clay. You'll be encouraged to see which approaches fit your personal style best and develop your interests in subject matter as well!**Early Drop-Off and Late Pick-Up are available to extend the day from 8:30AM to 4:30PM. $35/week for either morning or afternoon, $65/week for both.
- Member Price
- Lesson Info
- Monday through Friday, June 18-22 9:30am to 3:30pm, Citizens' Hall, Stockbridge
- Summer Camp (Ages 11-14)
Dennis Fougere, Ben Evans
- First Lesson
- Mon, Jun 18 2018
Campers at this age bring a growing independence and ability to handle more complex ideas and art processes, as well strong awareness of real-world issues. We introduce campers directly to the creative practice of working artists and give them the tools to lead their own discovery. Projects are often sustained throughout the week and campers and encouraged to explore on their own as well as in collaborative partnerships.
What does the week look like?
- A lead artist-teacher and assistant guide the activities throughout the day.
- A visiting artist comes in to offer a different outlook and media for 2 afternoons, Mondays and Wednesdays (unless noted).
- Break for lunch and outdoor free time is between 12-1
- The week ends with an art show with family and friends.